Saturday 19 January 2013

Winter hand care

How many of you have been building snowmen? Come on be honest! If you have, you'll be needing some good hand cream on afterwards.
 
I am really having to look after my skin at the moment to keep my eczema under control. My skin is at its worst during the winter months, so I make sure I am stocked up with  a good hand cream. My hands get a good battering during the winter and I have to apply hand cream every time I wash my hands and regularly throughout the day.


I picked this gem up from Crabtree & Evelyn during my Christmas shopping. I was shopping for my Mums prezzie and had no intention of buying anything else-honest! My boyfriend bought my Mum a lovely set of hand creams and I couldn't help but feel really jealous! The sales assistant saw me eyeing up the basket of hand creams at the till and told me they were on offer (music to  my ears). She let me have a good sniff of each one and my clear favourite was India Hicks Island Living. The scent is absolutely gorgeous! It smells of spider lily and jasmine and contains shea butter and myrrh extracts. Myrrh extracts are believed to help condition the cuticles and nails. The cream is also formulated without and parabens, lauryl sulfates, mineral oil and propylene glycol. So no nasties for the skin.


I only payed £2 for a 25g tube, they are normally £9 for 50g, £15 for 100g or £22 for a 275g pump bottle (ideal for the bathroom or by the kitchen sink). I will definitely be buying this cream again. It's quite a thick cream but it soaks into the skin so quickly and best of all doesn't leave your hands greasy. I love the packaging, it's much more interesting than a boring plastic tube. The small size I have is perfect to pop in your clutch on a night out and the 50g tube is perfect for your work handbag.
 
I hadn't been into Crabtree & Evelyn for a long time and was really impressed with the store. Everything is beautifully packaged and there are good descriptions of the products. Some of it is quite pricey but having a good look at the ingredients lists it's no great surprise. You do have to pay a bit more if you want to put nice things on your skin.
 
So if you're on the hunt for a new hand cream go and have a look in Crabtree & Evelyn!
 
Thanks for reading!

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment